2006/06/21

The Blowers Daughter

I think that the book I'm reading right now is dangerous to the health of my normal life. I jumped into "Through Painted Deserts" the other day while I was hanging around at the West Arm Grill for Cam's last day. I'm less than a third of the way through, and he hasn't really told me anything about anything, but I feel like things just make more sense now than they might have before.

So while I read this book, I'm more and more leaning towards this preference of mine to just live life and stop worrying about what is ok and what is not. Life is not about following rules, life is about living and rules were only meant to make it more comfortable. But the more I let life take me away, I start to see some parts of me that sometimes do things that I not a big fan of. But the interesting part is, I doesn't make me feel like a horrible person. It sort of makes me want to find that part of me I haven't surrendered yet, and give it over to God so that I can continue really and truly living.

Does anyone else ever feel like they've just been being the person they feel they're supposed to be and not the person they feel that they are? I'd hate to avoid the real me in some silly hopes that I will be able to avoid my real problems.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Man, I'm reading that book right now too, and it's just soo cool. I guess it makes you look at your own life, what you're doing with it, and why you're doing that. So much better than anybook which actually sets out in trying to help you figure that out.

Rae said...

firstly, i will have to read this book, i love this man!
secondly, I think authenticity is the most important thing about being a Christian...if we can just be authentic we find freedom from being who we are suppose to be and are liberated to become all that we are meant to be. I think if you can discern the point where your not entangled by the freedom of this world, but immersed in it living in God's freedom surely you are spending your days seeking authenticity in your relationship with the world and with God..i dunno really...i just know that everyday i changes coz i keep growing...hope you find the answers your looking for :)

Anonymous said...

In answer to your last question: Yes.
This topic is out on the edge...
Interesting.

Anonymous said...

"What a man believes in his heart, so is he".

When the depravity of mans heart becomes evident we then begin to acknowledge our desperate need of a savior.

Prior to our self awareness, no savior is needed.
Rules, regulations, and systems all require us to prop them up, by continuing to eat the forbidden fruit.

And yet the fruit that gives life, liberates us from our need for control and self-awareness and it also propels us into a place of rest that allows us the freedom to stop the work of propping up the false self, by those same rules regulations and systems.

Authenticity can only be authenitic if the authors handwritting has been proven. The true author has the only authority to test the final product based upon his own knowledge of truth. If the authors handwriting has not been proven it is a false authenticity, and should not been read from a prespective of the truth. This is when the author erases that which he has written and starts over, editting and changing that which is his own.

Delbert said...

Hey reid, I deffinitely see where your coming from with that... but what I sort of meant was like this

C.S. Lewis refuses (politely of course) to teach on subjects that he has never lived through personally. Don't think I'm promoting going out and sinning on purpose in order to learn from it or gain some sort of experience. But instead, letting the sin that does happen motivate me through a process of purification of sorts. And I don't think that I'm at all allowing myself to sin more through this mentality at all... and I just realized that this might deserve it's own blog because I have way too many thoughts flying around about this in my head