2006/03/29

Untitled

Hey guys. I had a little bit of time out after quarter finals here, and went to Vancouver and such but now I'm back and I might just do a little bit of a rant on happenings to bring everyone back up to pace with the wonderfully exciting life of Delbert (hehe, I'm not full of myself... really I'm not!)

First of all, something very exciting happened recently. I am now officially the worship leader for Nanoose this summer! I have a funny feeling that I have very little scope of everything that this entails, but I am anticipating God blowing me out of the water in a few new ways. That's definitely something I've figured over the years is that if you don't let God take you somewhere you don't feel comfortable, growth is a very slow process. But let's take a moment to be completely honest...

I was at school, probably avoiding doing some real work, when Ira gave me a ring one fateful day. We talked, it was wonderful (how can talking with Ira not be wonderful?), and then he asked me if I wanted to lead worship at Nanoose! Hrmm, wouldn't I be ecstatic? For some reason I wasn't right away. My mind went straight to excuses why I wouldn't be able to make it... co-op commitments, warped tour, two cool kids moving to australia... I regret giving Ira such a negative vibe at all now in retrospect.

Maybe I'm afraid of letting people down? For a while I felt like since Adison and Lane moved to Australia, we just weren't the band that Ira was expecting anymore. Maybe we are, maybe we aren't... but that's sort of a mute point now though I think. Sure we won't be rockin the house the same way we did, but God let me in on a little secret; He wasn't surprised that Adison and Lane went to Australia, and He had this planned out for a long time now.

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey Del! I think that is so great that you have this opportunity. It definately may seem overwhelming, but I definately agree with you. If you don't let God take you to places that feel uncomfortable, then growth becomes a very slow process and can even hinder what God really wants to do through you. God will blow you out of the water, I'm sure of that! :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool! You do a great job at Sidney, and I know you'll rock it up there!! And that God's gonna rock you too!!

AfterVerner said...

He wasn't suprised? Well, clearly that's cuz they let everyone know and everthing a million times or so...Unless he told them to go, in which case he would know all implications of this happening, Cuz he's smart and plans things... Maybe this new rocking won't be so bad?

Rob Petkau said...

Proud of you bro!
I know you will serve the King with passion and intensity, and have alot of LOUD FUN!

Anonymous said...

Hey Graham you have a heart that's all over God...and He loves that Bro'. We get overwhelmed doing worship at times...but the reality...we only ever really play to an audience of " One." You'll do great!