2006/07/23

Back

I am now back from camp, and I can say that I'm glad I'm home.

I have learned so many things already, but I feel like I'm seeing two things and don't understand how they fit together yet. One thing that God has shown me is that we only need to please Him. We can't seek after the approval of anyone else but our heavenly Father. But there's this other part of me that seems to yell even louder that I need the attention of people. Not everyone, but sometimes certain someones. There's nothing that could convince me that this desire isn't real in me.

So on one side, I feel like I'm drowning in the burning awareness that we were created to be in community with others, and I cannot quell this desire to be a part of that. Yet this needy sort of thing seems to contradict the fact that I need to seek after God's approval and no longer the approval of man. It just doesn't seem to completely vibe with me... how about you

5 comments:

drewology said...

I don't think that the need for community contradicts the fact that we need to seek God's approval. I don't see them as a contradiction. However, when we seek the approval of the community over the approval of God then we have a problem.

On another note...I wonder...If we are made in the image of God and we have this need for community (God given) then maybe God also has a need for community and desires to be needed by us? Maybe our need for community reveals to us the desire that God has for community with his creation?

Delbert said...

please andrew, i already have way too many thoughts flying around in my head and more just doesn't help! hehe. but yeah, i like that idea tho. it might help funnel this desire

Rob Petkau said...

Good word Drew!

Welcome back G'... I'm proud of how you led, and how you worshipped at camp. You will always be His - Spirit annointed Poopsmith.

As far as community goes - there's always an audience of One, but you can still have deep relationships with "the band", if you get my meaning.

Anonymous said...

This is mostly off the top of my head, but...
What if the people we are in community with all have thier desperate focus on God. Perhaps it's there where things start to click. Where the devine meets the failible, and where personalities and politics melt into a diverse harmony.

AfterVerner said...

What if you just went for God's approval and let Him cover the rest? He knows what you need and will take care of it. "Be who you are because those who matter don't mind and those that mind don't Matter."
Be the seeker of God.