2006/04/04

a Notepad... yeah, one of those

I've decided that I have about a million thoughts a day to be sharing with my wonderful audience in this exciting world of 0's and 1's... but I swear I'm cursed or something! I keep forgetting what I had so masterfully formulated in my noggin to post. So maybe I should get a notepad? hehehe, someone give me a note pad for my... umm... belated 21st and 1/4 birthday? ya, hehe that's it.

Anyways, I have started my new quarter now friends and I was quite excited to turn over a new leaf with my new classes... until... I checked my transcripts from last quarter!!! ewwww....

Ok, it wasn't that bad. It's not like I failed anything but I did get a C+, and that's not very usual Delbert style at all. So I'll have you all know that I'm almost completely proficient in convincing myself of pretty much anything that I really want to. Whether that means I'm in fact the world's leading jelly bean chef (no one has yet to challenge me!) or that grades aren't really as big of a deal as I think they are because, when I get my technologist certification it's all the same. Well, I guess friends have been taking more of an importance on my give-a-damn scale and school has been sinking quickly.

Until this point in the blogging process I wasn't really sure why I was talking about this, but I think I've even outsmarted myself this time! I think that the mighty Delbert who is capable of unknowingly outwitting himself needs other people that aren't influenced by his intellectual prowess to clear up this fallacy (or fact?) Where should school fall on my give-a-damn scale? Because relationships and community have deffinitely been consuming some of my attention lately... that doesn't sound so bad? Fellowship and community are very important to me... hmm.

4 comments:

AfterVerner said...

Sounds like my give-a-damn scale is quite similar to yours. And I don't know if I really WANT school to be higher than it is. Some of the rest of it might need rearranging, but...I suppose it depends on how academically amazing you want to be. Do you want to be doing better than you are doing? That's what settles it I guess.

Anonymous said...

I think the scale changes all the time!! See, at different times some things will be more important. For example: I have finals right now at UVic, but I'm also in the finalizing process for my trip to Kenya. Both are equally importnant, but one is higher on my scale because, like Ashley and Werner said-it's up to me to rate them!! And clearly, travel is more fun to me than studying for exams..and apparently, so is blogging..back to the *ahem* books...

Delbert said...

hmmm... yes...

Anonymous said...

Well man,
As i think both you and i are very gifted in the whole justifying anything from school to jelly beans to bad poker hands I agree it can be dangerous to let your grades slip for "community or friends". I certainly let that happen over this last semester it was by far my worst semester and I am going to pay for it in the next one by taking more courses and maybe actually trying harder. Like you i also have though not to the same extent the ability to bs through stuff and not go to class but still do okay by others standards but should i really be happy with that? I dont know but what I do know is I do have an eventual goal a point to my life and to achieve what i want will an extra 6 months at camosun studying because i put it off orriginally really hurt me? And was that time that i should have spent studying productive? If it was helping me reach my life goals then it was well worth it on the other hand if it was staying up to 4 am watching infometials because i was too lazy to study that sucks. (Okay so that's my first blog reply and now that i have all this time at 4-5 am in the morning maybe i should start my own.) nah ill just keep taking up room on yours :)